The Long Island Chapter of ASIS International has approximately 300 members. Our membership represents the entire spectrum of security professionals. It is a forum that brings together security professionals to further their common goals and to share experiences and best practices. Corporate security and law enforcement professionals, to include many Fortune 500 companies and the providers of security services, as well as Federal, State and local law enforcement are involved in the Chapter.
The Chapter organizes and provides a number of services and events, to include:
• Monthly dinner meetings to which a variety of speakers are invited covering a wide range of security related topics.
• An annual dinner honoring a Person of the Year, Law Enforcement / Security Liaison of the Year and a Chapter Member of the Year.
• An annual golf outing at a local country club and special holiday festivity at years end.
• Bi-annual seminars to educate and train members in matters appropriate to today's security needs.
• Publication of a quarterly newsletter that provides articles of common interest and is also a forum in which local companies can advertise their products and services.
• Annual college scholarships are also awarded.
ASIS International, with more than 38,000 members, is the largest international organization for professionals responsible for security, including managers and directors of security. In addition, corporate executives and other management personnel, as well as consultants, architects, attorneys and federal, state and local law enforcement, are becoming involved with ASIS International to understand the constant changes in security issues and solutions.
ASIS International is dedicated to increasing the effectiveness and productivity of security practices by developing educational programs and materials that address broad security concerns.
By providing members and the business community with access to a full range of programs and materials, ASIS International leads the way for advanced and improved security performance.